NOT ALL BRANDS AT BOTH LOCATIONS
Falls Church Brands: Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Ducati, Can-Am, Victory, Slingshot, Roxor, Kymco & Sea-Doo
Woodbridge Brands: Yamaha, Suzuki, Ducati, GEM, Polaris, Can-Am, Kymco, Sea-Doo, Slingshot, Victory, Roxor, Tritan & Holmes Trailers
Falls Church location (703) 237-3400 or Woodbridge location (703) 497-1500
2019 Yamaha NIKEN GT
Turns Have No Seasons
Fitted with a range of touring equipment, this Leaning Multi‑Wheeler brings added long distance functionality and comfort.
- Revolutionary Leaning Multi-Wheel Chassis: The NIKEN™ GT LMW chassis is an exclusive motorcycle control system that provides unparalleled rider confidence across a wide range of road conditions. With two front tires leaning in unison, the NIKEN doubles the amount of available grip for exceptional stopping power, cornering confidence, rider comfort and impeccable road manners—all while maintaining natural steering feel.
- New NIKEN GT Package: The new NIKEN GT combines the revolutionary LMW chassis with a range of luxury touring accessories to creating the ultimate cornering package, with improved comfort, practicality and flexibility.
- Radical Styling: NIKEN GT doesn't look like anything on the road because it isn't like anything else on the road. Graceful curves highlight the mass-forward design to show off the unique LMW system, combining futuristic technology with flowing, organic style.
- Powerful Inline Triple: Derived from the award-winning MT-09™, the advanced CP3® inline 3-cylinder motor uses Yamaha's full range of performance technology to produce exceptional torque with linear power delivery. This results in a flexible, responsive powerplant that combines the best aspects of both 2- and 4-cylinder motors while remaining light, slim and compact.
- Advanced Rider Aids: NIKEN GT features a complete range of technologies to boost rider confidence and performance, including Yamaha's ride-by-wire throttle system, adjustable throttle mapping, traction control and ABS. Riders also enjoy the convenience of a factory quick shifter and integrated cruiser control.
- Advanced 3-Cylinder Engine: Derived from the award-winning MT-09, the NIKEN GT features a thrilling 847cc liquid-cooled inline 3-cylinder motor packing a range of advanced technologies. With DOHC heads, an oversquare 78mm x 59.1mm bore and stroke and 11.5:1 compression ratio, NIKEN GT delivers an exciting, torquey character, refined with additional crankshaft inertia for smooth starts.
- Crossplane Concept CP3 Engine: By utilizing the naturally smooth firing order and power characteristics of the 3-cylinder motor, Yamaha's CP3 engine produces extremely linear torque with an excellent feeling of connection between the throttle grip and engine. To boost refinement and improve rider and passenger comfort, the motor features a geared counterbalancer to minimize engine vibration. This results in a responsive powerplant that combines the best aspects of both 2- and 4-cylinder motors while still light, slim and compact.
- Unique Staggered Intake Funnels: To provide a broad spread of torque and a unique intake sound, the airbox intake funnels have been designed with three uneven lengths. This combines with the fuel injection system and cylinder head design to deliver a torque, flexible engine character.
- Advanced Yamaha Engine Technology: The CP3 engine uses forged 'fracture-split' connecting rods, where the big-end ring of a connecting rod is split in two to create a more precise mating surface when they are bolted together again around the crankshaft. The cylinder block is offset towards the front wheel, to reduce piston force against the cylinder walls, improving efficiency. And the cylinder boars are plated with a ceramic composite for excellent durability and heat transfer.
- Assist And Slipper Clutch: Yamaha's assist and slipper clutch gives the rider smoother, more confident downshifts when entering corners aggressively, as well as a lighter pull effort at the level in day-to-day riding, all while easily handling the torque of the NIKEN GT's high-output motor.
- Compact 6-Speed Transmission: The transmission harnesses, the low-to-mid-range torque and excellent response characteristics of the inline 3-cylinder engine to give riders ideal gearing ratios for any type of riding. The 6-speed transmission also features staggered input shafts in a triangular layout, to reduce overall engine size and further centralize mass.
- Mass-Centralized 3-Into-1 Exhaust System: The NIKEN GT utilizes a compact three-into-one exhaust system with midship muffler. Not only does this layout centralize mass for sharper handling, the headers feature SixONy™, a hard-wearing ceramic nano- film coating that looks great while resisting both exhaust heat and the elements. Featuring a short, slash-cut exhaust outlet, the NIKEN GT howls with a sweet 3-cylinder exhaust note, too.
- Advanced YCC-T® Engine Control: The ride-by-wire Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T) system senses the slightest throttle input by the rider, relays the data to the ECU, which instantaneously calculates the ideal throttle valve opening based on engine rpm and throttle opening, and then sends commands to a servo-motor actuator that moves the throttle valve which actively controls the intake airflow volume. This technology contributes to the rider's feeling of torque and controllability from the 3-cylinder engine.
- Adjustable Traction Control System: A Traction Control System (TCS) assists the rider in managing traction on various road conditions by quickly modulating throttle opening, ignition timing and fuel volume. The NIKEN GT TCS includes two modes to suit various road conditions, and can also be disabled by the rider if they so choose.
- Selectable D-MODE: The NIKEN GT features Yamaha's D-Mode system to allow the rider to choose the optimum engine character for their riding situation and preferences. The rider can choose from three throttle valve control maps for different throttle response characteristics at the push of a button.
- Cruise Control System: The NIKEN GT includes a cruiser control powered by the YCC-T. Using the left handlebar switchgear, the rider can easily select or adjust a set speed to ease long-distance touring on the highway, improving rider comfort.
- Factory Quick Shifter: NIKEN GT comes standard with Yamaha's Quick Shift System (QSS), which allows on-throttle upshifting without the clutch, for smooth, fast shifts with minimal loss of drive.
- High Tech Instrumentation: A high contract all-LCD display provides a clear display of engine and road speed, electronic systems such as traction control and D-Mode, fuel reserve trip meter, economy and more.
- Class-Defying Leaning Multi-Wheel Chassis: Yamaha's advanced LMW (Leaning Multi-Wheel) chassis is the result of countless hours of engieering and testing to create a unique motorcycle control system that provides unparalleled rider confidence no matter what the road conditions. With two front tires leaning in unison the NIKEN GT doubles the amount of available grip for exceptional stopping power, cornering and rider comfort, especially over uneven and poor road conditions.
- Unique Double-Tube/Dual-Axis Steering Design: The radical front end of thge NIKEN GT uses paired fork tubes for each front wheel and steering linkages to provide ideal steering geometry and natural steering feel. The system turns and leans like a conventional motorcycle, but with twice the front tire grip. And, like other Yamaha sportbikes, this system provides adjustable compression and rebound damping for a highly tunable ride.
- Compact, Sporty Design: Front wheel track is only 16.1 inches, making NIKEN GT no wider than traditional motorcycles and ideal for congested, urban riding conditions, with maximum lean angle at an impressive 45 degrees. With a rider aboard, NIKEN offers a perfect 50/50 weight distribution for neutral handling. And the seat design, fuel tank width, and other dimensions are all set to work with the qualities of the compact 3-cylinder engine to achieve a sporty handling character, an upright riding position and a narrow body at the seat/tank junction.
- Hybrid Frame Design: Connecting the LMW system to the rear wheel is an all-new hybrid frame that utilizes steel castings and tubes with a lightweight aluminum swingarm pivot area and swingarm. Balanced for rigidity and steering response, the NIKEN GT chassis provides superb handling and natural steering feel.
- Adjustable Horizontal Monocross® Shock: The rear suspension features a linkage-type Monocross® shock, mounted below the seat with an almost horizontal alignment. This unique positioning contributes to mass centralization and a slimmer body design. The rear suspension is also fully adjustable for spring preload as well as compression and rebound damping.
- High Performance Tires: NIKEN GT uses paired 15-inch lightweight allow wheels with LMW-specific 120/70R15 tires. Developed in concert with the chassis, these tires feature sportbike-style profiles and construction, for high levels of grip, wear resistance and wet-road capability. Out back, the rear wheel mounts a massive 190/55R17 rear tires for a combination of style and traction.
- Powerful Triple Disc Brakes With ABS: Mounted outside of each front wheel are disc brakes with four-piston radial calipers, matched to a large rear disc brake, complete with Yamaha's responsive ABS. With paired front tires and the security of ABS, NIKEN GT riders are able to brake with confidence across a huge range of road conditions.
- LED Lighting: Dual LED headlights present a furious glare at the road ahead, but match style with function, providing a huge spread of crisp illumination for excellent visibility. Position lighting, mirror-mounted turn signals and brake lights likewise use LED technology, for bright, long-lasting performance and modern style.
- New NIKEN GT Package: The NIKEN GT combines the revolutionary LMW chassis with a range of luxury touring features to create the ultimate cornering package. The GT model comes standard with a wider, taller touring screen, plusher rider and passenger saddles, and integrated heated grips for improved protection and comfort. The NIKEN GT includes a pair of locking, quick-release saddlebags, a passenger grab rail ready to mount additional luggage, and a pair of 12-volt DC outlets for charging accessories. Finally, a centerstand eases maintenance and loading.
- Aggressive, Mass-Forward Profile: Highlighting the unique LMW system and all-new riding experience, the NIKEN GT presents a muscular and aggressive appearance unlike anything else on the road today. The front suspension systems are proudly displayed, while the body curves to a graceful and sleek tail section.
- High Quality Finish: The NIKEN GT fuel tank is gracefully curved to provide a narrow midsection, and uses the same lightweight alloy found in the YZF- R1® and R6® fuel tanks for reduced weight. Paint and surface finishes are selected to highlight the technical nature of the LMW chassis as well as for long-lasting durability.
- Comfortable, Upright Ergonomics: With upright ergonomics and a slightly forward lean, the NIKEN GT rider is ready to attack corners or cruise down the highway with equal comfort. The tapered aluminum handlebar, placement of the seat and footpegs, and narrow midsection create excellent rider feel. Upgraded comfort saddles on the NIKEN GT boost both rider and passenger comfort, too, ideal for longer tours.
- Engine Type: 847cc liquid-cooled, DOHC, inline 3-cylinder; 12 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 78.0mm x 59.1mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.5:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel Injection with YCC-T
- Transmission: 6-speed; multiplate assist and slipper wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: 43mm/41mm LMW dual tube fork, adjustable rebound and compression damping; 4.3 in. travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock, adjustable preload (w/remote adjuster) and rebound damping; 4.9 in. travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm; ABS
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic disc, 282mm; ABS
- Tires / Front: Dual 120/70R15
- Tires / Rear: 190/55R17
- L x W x H: 84.6 in. x 34.8 in. x 56.1 in.
- Seat Height: 32.9 in.
- Wheelbase: 59.4 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 20.0 deg.
- Trail: 2.9 in.
- Wheel Track: 16.1 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 5.9 in.
- Maximum Lean Angle: 45.0 deg.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.8 gal.
- Fuel Economy: TBD
- Wet Weight: TBD
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- DOHC, inline 3-cylinder; 12 valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 78.0mm x 59.1mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel Injection with YCC-T
- 6-speed; multiplate assist and slipper wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Front Suspension
- 43mm/41mm LMW dual tube fork, adjustable rebound and compression damping; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock, adjustable preload (w/remote adjuster) and rebound damping; 4.9 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm; ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 282mm; ABS
- Front Tire
- Dual 120/70R15
- Rear Tire
- 59.4 in.
- Seat Height
- 32.9 in.
- 20.0 deg.
- 2.9 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.8 gal.
- Matte Phantom Blue
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)