2019 Suzuki SV650X
Stock Image: Black/White
If you're looking to get out on the road on a sporty bike with café racer styling, look no further than Suzuki's SV650X. The SV650X is a brash, middleweight bike propelled by a smooth-revving V-twin engine tucked into a slim and lightweight trellis frame. And there's more, as the SV650X combines power and agility with classic café racer looks. Whether in stop-and-go city traffic or on country roads, this bike delivers exhilaration and riding fun. No matter where you pull up to park, the retro appeal of the SV650X is unmistakable with its bikini fairing above the headlight, corresponding clip-on handlebars, a tuck-and-roll-look seat, and blacked out controls. Mix in your favorite stretch of road and you'll see that this café bike's smooth V-twin power and agile handling make the SV650X an exciting ride with unmatched curb appeal.
- The stylish headlight cowling creates a café fairing look as the clip-on handlebars and trim, tuck-and-roll-look seat produce a sporty riding posture that is ideal at any speed.
- Side panels below the fuel tank mimic a half-fairing look and connect the body styling from nose to tail. The brown, leather-like finish of the seat adds a custom, bike-builder touch to the motorcycle.
- The SV650X's two-tone, Glass Sparkle Black/Pearl Glacier White bodywork is complemented by blacked out wheels, controls, and chassis components.
- Visually stunning, the trellis-style frame is fashioned using high-strength steel tubes so it contributes to the motorcycle's low weight and trim chassis.
- Dual four-piston Tokico brake calipers up front grasp a pair of 290mm fully floating stainless steel rotors for great stopping performance. The compact Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)** matches the braking performance to the available traction.
- Liquid-cooled, 645cc, four-stroke, DOHC, 90-degree, L-twin engine has perfect primary balance so it smoothly pulls with authority from idle up to the 10,000 rpm redline.
- Advanced EFI system includes Suzuki's Low RPM Assist feature that seamlessly adjusts engine speed during takeoff and low-speed running to smooth the power delivery and to help eliminate the possibility of the rider stalling the motorcycle.
- Class exclusive*, 645cc, DOHC, V-twin engine produces strong, torque-rich horsepower while conforming the latest emission requirements.
- The engine's 90-degree L-twin configuration has perfect primary balance, so a heavy, power-robbing counter balancer is not needed.
- The energy efficient engine has unique pistons that were engineered with use of FEM (Finite Element Method) analysis to achieve optimal rigidity and weight.
- Each piston skirt has a special resin coating, and the other sliding part are tinned for less friction and greater durability - a first for a Suzuki motorcycle.
- Suzuki's innovative L-shaped piston rings contribute to reduced blow-by gas, resulting in less emissions and greater combustion efficiency.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)-plated cylinders reduce friction and improve heat transfer and durability.
- Both cylinder heads feature Suzuki's original Dual Spark Technology for greater combustion efficiency, better fuel economy, and cleaner emission.
- The fuel injection system employs Suzuki's innovative SDTV (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) with 39mm throttle bodies. The secondary throttle valves are controlled by servo motor for smooth power delivery and optimum combustion efficiency.
- Ten-hole, long-nose-type fuel injectors on each throttle body improve fuel atomization for better combustion efficiency and while reducing fuel consumption.
- The EFI system employs O2 feedback and a precise intake pressure sensor for optimum combustion efficiency in various conditions and reduces emissions to an incredibly low level.
- Suzuki's patented Throttle-body Integrated Idle Speed Control (TI-ISC) eases starting, stabilizes the engine idle speed, and helps lower emissions. The system is compact and lightweight.
- The TI-ISC on the SV650X incorporates Suzuki's Low RPM Assist feature that seamlessly adjusts engine speed during takeoff and low-speed running to smooth the power delivery and to help eliminate the possibility of the rider stalling the motorcycle.
- The Engine Control Module (ECM) provides state-of-the-art engine management and has enhanced settings to suit the intake and exhaust systems, resulting in better fuel economy and linear throttle response.
- Advanced, transistorized ignition control programming helps maintain more precise spark timing to the four iridium, long-life spark plugs.
- The SV650X also features Suzuki's Easy Start System that lets the rider start the motorcycle with a momentary press of the start switch without pulling in the clutch lever when the transmission is in neutral.
- The air cleaner case design has high capacity and routes crankcase breather gas from the engine cover to help increase engine power. The air intake funnels have staggered lengths to heighten mid-range torque.
- The exhaust system has a clean, functional appearance and lower weight. The 2-into-1 system has a catalyzer to further reduce emissions.
- The exhaust muffler and its brushed stainless steel cover are located to permit greater lean angles when cornering.
- The high-efficiency radiator employs a large cooling fan for exceptional cooling capacity. To further control temperature, the engine is also fitted with a coolant-cooled oil cooler that is compact and lightweight.
- The close-ratio, six-speed transmission features carefully selected ratios that are equally well-suited for commuting or spirited riding.
- The multiplate clutch has precise push rod actuation of the pressure plate for a light pull and consistent release point.
- Bright, durable LED combination tail and brake light, plus front and rear, amber-tinted turn signals.
- Attention to rider comfort and confidence includes a carefully shaped seat with a high-grip, tuck-and-roll-looking cover in leather-texture brown vinyl. Integrated cargo retention loops pull out from under the seat.
- The café racer styling was developed to create a classic, bike-builder look that also showcases the V-twin engine.
- The compact, lightweight chassis is covered with slim bodywork to create a bike that's agile and fun to ride on a variety of streets - such as city traffic, highway, rural roads and winding roads.
- The ready-to-ride weight of the 2019 SV650X is a low 437 pounds.
- The high-strength steel, trellis-style frame is key to the motorcycle's trim and intelligent dimensions. The seat height is just 785mm (30.9 inches) and is the lowest in the 600-800cc street bike class.
- The SV650X fuel tank is short and narrow but maintains the same 3.8-gallon (14.5-liter) fuel capacity in both US and California versions.
- The slim fuel tank and seat joint aid the rider in touching the ground better at stops.
- The frame is mated to a steel beam-type swingarm with a straightforward chain tension adjuster system.
- The 41mm conventional-style front fork has a generous 125mm (4.9 inches) of wheel travel to provide a sporty but plush ride. Preload adjusters in the fork caps allow the rider to tune the fork springs for different loads or riding style.
- Link-type rear shock unit has 63mm (2.48-inch) stroke and is tuned for a superb progressive feel and to react efficiently to varied road conditions while still delivering an agile and stable feel.
- The rear shock's spring pre-load is seven-way adjustable so you can easily adjust for a passenger or cargo.
- The front brakes feature a pair of fully floating 290mm discs are grasped by four-piston Tokiko calipers for excellent braking performance. The compact Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)* ensures braking power matches available traction.
- Five-spoke cast aluminum alloy wheels are shod with lightweight, front and rear Dunlop radial tires for sharp handling and good mileage.
- Dunlop Road Smart III tires are fitted to the SV650X to help with handling and all-around tire performance.
- With a fresh design, the compact and lightweight instrument cluster has a full LCD display, eliminating motor and needle mechanics.
- The instrument panel has several features, including a tachometer, speedometer, odometer, dual trip meter, reserve trip meter, clock, coolant temperature/oil pressure indicator, ABS alert, and gear position, plus fuel consumption and driving range data.
- The clip-on handlebars and mid-set foot controls create a riding position that's ideal for sport riding yet retains enough comfort for longer rides.
- The classically round headlight is multi-reflector type with 12V60/55-watt halogen bulb.
- Stylized Suzuki “S" 3-D emblems on the fuel tank and the fork upper bracket denotes the quality, sophistication, and performance legacy of the brand.
- A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories for SV650X owners are available, including a large selection of Suzuki logo apparel.
- 12-month limited warranty. Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).
- *600-800cc, street bike class
- **Depending on road surface conditions, such as wet, loose, or uneven roads, braking distance for an ABS-equipped vehicle may be longer than for a vehicle not equipped with ABS. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please ride carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.
- Engine: 645cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90°, V-twin
- Bore x Stroke: 81.0 mm x 62.6 mm (3.189 in. x 2.465 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 11.2:1
- Fuel System: Suzuki fuel injection with SDTV
- Starter: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Transmission: 6-speed, constant mesh
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate type
- Final Drive: Chain, DID520V0, 112 links
- Suspension Front: Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, single shock, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Dual, 4-piston calipers, twin disc, ABS-equipped
- Brakes Rear: Single, 1-piston caliper, single disc, ABS-equipped
- Tires Front: 120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
- Tires Rear: 160/60ZR17M/C (69W), tubeless
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 14.5 L (3.8 US gal.)
- Color: Glass Sparkle Black/Pearl Glacier White
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (transistorized)
- Headlight: 12V, 60/55 W (H4)
- Taillight: LED
- Overall Length: 2140 mm (84.3 in.)
- Overall Width: 730 mm (28.7 in.)
- Overall Height: 1090 mm (42.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1445 mm (56.9 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 135 mm (5.3 in.)
- Seat Height: 790 mm (31.1 in.)
- Curb Weight: 196 kg (432.0 lb.)
- Warranty: 12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty
- Extension: Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, DOHC, 90 deg., V-twin
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.189 in. x 2.465 in. (81.0 mm x 62.6 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Suzuki fuel injection with SDTV
- Electronic ignition (transistorized)
- 6-speed, constant mesh
- Final Drive
- Chain, DID520V0, 112 links
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, single shock, coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Dual, 4-piston calipers, twin disc, ABS-equipped
- Rear Brakes
- Single, 1-piston caliper, single disc, ABS-equipped
- Front Tire
- 120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless
- Rear Tire
- 160/60ZR17M/C (69W), tubeless
- 56.9 in. (1445 mm)
- Seat Height
- 31.1 in. (790 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.8 US gal. (14.5 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 432.0 lb. (196 kg)
- Glass Sparkle Black/Pearl Glacier White
- 12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty
Coleman PowerSports has the largest showrooms and selection in the Mid Atlantic. We back all of our vehicles with a warranty and every customer becomes a VIP. For over 55 years, our mission is to offer you the latest products, at the best prices, and with unparalleled service. Price listed excludes applicable destination, handling, reconditioning fee, $247.50 processing fee, tax, title, and license fees. Please contact us for an exact price and learn about our FREE VIP package.