2019 Suzuki GSX250R
Stock Image: Red/Black
The 2019 GSX250R is a fully faired street machine that brings the excitement and riding satisfaction of Suzuki's sportbike heritage to a broader audience. Built to introduce Suzuki fun and reliability to new riders, this sportbike has smart performance, engaging styling, and comfort features that will appeal to a broad base of enthusiasts.
This approachable street sportbike features a proven, twin cylinder, fuel injected engine wrapped in stylish full-fairing bodywork. With responsive yet easy-to-control performance, exceptional fuel efficiency, nimble handling, and a comfortable riding position, the GSX250R is equally at home on the daily commute as it is on extended outings.
A low seat height, slim fuel tank, and overall light weight make the GSX250R an exciting and unintimidating ride. Ten-spoke aluminum wheels and tuned KYB suspension keep the bike nimble and responsive for city streets as well as open roads. With a four-gallon fuel tank and highly efficient powerplant, the GSX250R has a riding range of well over 250 miles.
The GSX250R is part of Suzuki's unrivaled selection of small-displacement motorcycles created specifically to appeal to a variety of riders. From the unique VanVan 200 to the fuel efficient DR200S DualSport to the classic-looking TU250X, to the GSX250R sportbike, Suzuki provides an assortment of sensible, accessible models to choose from.
- Here's a fully-faired, quarter-liter sportbike with aggressive, flowing styling true to the Suzuki sportbike heritage. Riders can select between Candy Cardinal Red/Pearl Nebular Black or Metallic Crystal Blue/Pearl Glacier White paint schemes.
- Fuel injected, twin cylinder engine delivers a responsive, broad power band with class-leading fuel economy of approximately 76 mpg.
- The GSX250R features a reverse-lit LCD instrument panel and a bright halogen headlight, plus distinctive position lamps and tail light using new tech, surface-emitting LEDs.
- Comfortable, roomy ergonomics for rider and passenger, with a slim fuel tank that helps the rider easily plant their feet on the ground when stopped.
- Ten-spoke, cast aluminum wheels, petal-type brake rotors, and quality KYB suspension components round out a chassis ready for any riding assignment.
- The 248cc, parallel-twin engine that powers the GSX250R has been refined to maximize low- to mid-range torque to deliver a power characteristic that emphasizes ease of control.
- Intelligent engine design and fuel-injection (EFI) tuning yields class-leading fuel economy while satisfying world-wide emission requirements.
- The EFI also stabilizes the engine idle and helps provide nearly linear throttle response for clean, exciting performance.
- The camshaft profile maximizes engine performance when riding at road speeds between 15 to 55 mph. This helps the GSX250R deliver true, practical performance.
- The valve train employs new, roller-type rocker arms for valve actuation to reduce mechanical losses.
- The intake valves have a slim stem profile near the head to optimize airflow into the combustion chamber.
- Low-tension piston rings are used to reduce friction, while a special honing pattern on the cylinder wall increases oil retention for additional friction reduction.
- A coupling-type balancer shaft fitted to the engine's crankshaft reduces vibration and enhances rider comfort.
- A uniquely styled oil pump is used in the GSX250R to reduce frictional loss while providing excellent engine lubrication.
- Dual head-pipes effectively route the exhaust through a high-flow catalyzer and into a stylish solo muffler covered with a buffed stainless-steel shield.
- Designed to get the most out of the engine's mid-range performance and emit a pleasing sound, the GSX250R's exhaust is lightweight and stylish.
- A six-speed transmission, with gear ratios well mated to the engine output, further improves low- to mid-range power delivery.
- Suzuki's sporting essence is present in the GSX250R's full bodywork that features an aggressive style with a futuristic flair. Select styling cues from historic and current Suzuki sportbikes appeal to both new and experienced riders.
- The fairing routes cooling air to the radiator while moving hot air from the engine away from the rider.
- The front of the motorcycle features unique dual LED position lights, angular fairing-mounted mirrors, and an effective sport windshield that incorporates slots to reduce wind buffeting.
- The stylish and trim fuel tank holds 4.0 US gallons (15.0 liters) of gasoline for excellent riding range. With a full tank of gasoline, the GSX250R has a riding range of approximately 280 miles.
- The sharp tail has styling and a LED tail light reminiscent of a GSX-R1000R.
- The comfortable, contoured rider's seat has a low seat height of 31.1 inches (790mm).
- The separate rear seat is set higher so the passenger has a better view over the rider's shoulder.
- The semi double-cradle frame provides exceptional support for the GSX250R's effective running gear and exciting bodywork.
- The well-tuned telescopic front fork soaks up bumps for smooth tracking up front - whether riding irregular city streets or faster open roads.
- Rear suspension action is handled by a mono-shock system that stays hidden from view to augment the bike's performance style. With seven-way adjustable spring preload, the rear suspension can be tuned for a passenger or cargo.
- The clip-on handlebar's design and reach were developed to provide a comfortable riding position.
- The five-way adjustable front brake lever allows the rider to position the lever for comfort and confidence.
- Hydraulic, petal-style disc brakes front and rear provide consistent and controlled braking whether commuting on city streets or roaming the open road.
- Ten-spoke 17-inch cast aluminum wheels hold road-grabbing IRC tires that provide sporting performance through a variety of road conditions.
- The GSX250R is equipped with a back-lit multifunction LCD instrumentation panel that displays a variety of information.
- At the top of the display is a bar-graph tachometer, and in the center is large digital speedometer with a convenient digital clock and digital gear position indicator.
- Also present in the panel is an odometer, twin trip meter, fuel gauge readouts, and a service reminder. A bright, programmable shift light is joined by LED alert indicators for the turn signals, engine functions, and high beam.
- The bright halogen headlight is bracketed by a pair of distinctive position lamps using high-tech, surface-emitting LEDs.
- The rear tail light also uses surface-emitting LEDs for excellent visibility to traffic.
- The turn signals feature amber incandescent bulbs with clear lenses and are well-placed to not interfere with a passenger or luggage.
- Projected tip-style spark plugs speed up the rate of combustion, improving throttle response and fuel economy.
- The GSX250R uses an open-type regulator/rectifier to reduce charging-system draw that can rob power from the engine. A maintenance-free battery makes sure the motorcycle starts quickly each time.
- 12-month limited warranty with unlimited mileage. Longer coverage periods with other benefits are available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).
- Three dimensional “S" badges on the fairing and upper fork bracket celebrate the Suzuki brand and its heritage of technological and styling excellence.
- A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories for GSX250R owners are available, including a large selection of Suzuki logo apparel.
- Engine: 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, SOHC, parallel-twin
- Displacement: 248 cm3 (15.13 cubic in.)
- Bore x Stroke: 53.5 mm x 55.2 mm (2.10 in. x 2.17 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 11.5: 1
- Fuel System: Suzuki fuel injection with SDTV
- Starter: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate type
- Final Drive: Chain, sealed O-ring type, DID 520VF or RK 520 KRO, 116 links
- Suspension Front: Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Single shock, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Single disc, Nissin 2-piston caliper
- Brakes Rear: Single disc, Nissin 1-piston caliper
- Tires Front: 110/80-17M/C 57H tubeless
- Tires Rear: 140/70-17M/C 66H tubeless
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 15 L (4.0 US gal.)
- Color: Candy Cardinal Red/Pearl Nebular Black or Metallic Crystal Blue/Pearl Glacier White No. 2
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (transistorized)
- Headlight: 12V 55/60W (H4 halogen) and LED position lights
- Tail Light: LED
- Overall Length: 2085 mm (82.1 in.)
- Overall Width: 740 mm (29 in.)
- Overall Height: 1110 mm (43.7 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1430 mm (56.3 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 160 mm (6.3 in.)
- Seat Height: 790 mm (31.1 in.)
- Curb Weight: 178 kg (392 lb.)
- Warranty: 12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty
- Extension: Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, SOHC, parallel-twin
- 248 cm3 (15.13 cu. in.)
- Bore and Stroke
- 2.10 in. x 2.17 in. (53.5 mm x 55.2 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- 11.5: 1
- Fuel System
- Suzuki fuel injection with SDTV
- Electronic ignition (transistorized)
- 6-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive
- Chain, sealed O-ring type, DID 520VF or RK 520 KRO, 116 links
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock, coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Single disc, Nissin 2-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc, Nissin 1-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- 110/80-17M/C 57H tubeless
- Rear Tire
- 140/70-17M/C 66H tubeless
- 56.3 in. (1430 mm)
- Seat Height
- 31.1 in. (790 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.0 US gal. (15 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 392 lb. (178 kg)
- Candy Cardinal Red/Pearl Nebular Black, Metallic Crystal Blue/Pearl Glacier White No. 2
- 12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty
Coleman PowerSports has the largest showrooms and selection in the Mid Atlantic. We back all of our vehicles with a warranty and every customer becomes a VIP. For over 55 years, our mission is to offer you the latest products, at the best prices, and with unparalleled service. Price listed excludes applicable destination, handling, reconditioning fee, $299 processing fee, tax, title, and license fees. Please contact us for an exact price and learn about our FREE VIP package.