2019 Suzuki DR-Z400SM
White with Red
Suzuki's SuperMoto DR-Z400SM is based on the proven DR-Z400S. So it combines Supermotard style and features in a narrow, lightweight, street-legal package. This bike brings off-road soul and fun to paved roads. It's not uncommon to take the SuperMoto down a twisty forest road, around tight canyon corners, or through commuter traffic.
Its 398cc, liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine provides strong low-rpm torque and crisp throttle response for any of these occasions. Key differences between the DR-Z400SM and the DR-Z400S are the inverted front fork, wide, spoke-style wheels, and 300mm diameter floating front brake rotor. The inverted fork contributes to less unsprung weight and improved overall handling, while the large brake and wider rims with high-grip tires offer an exhilarating sportbike experience.
- Suzuki's Supermotard model, based on the proven DR-Z400S, combines Supermotard style and features in a narrow, lightweight, street-legal package.
- Versatile and strong, 398cc, DOHC, liquid-cooled, dry-sump engine has push-button starting.
- SuperMoto boasts fully adjustable suspension and strong spoke wheels featuring high-grip sportbike tires on wide aluminum rims.
- The white and red DR-Z400SM features bright, gold anodized Excel wheel rims, while the white and blue bike features blue anodized rims that stylishly exude performance.
- New white bodywork with red or blue accent graphics complement the motorcycle's styling.
- Lightweight, 398cc, DOHC, liquid-cooled, dry-sump engine produces strong, tractable power.
- Simple electric starting is powered via a lightweight starter motor with an automatic mechanical decompression system.
- Compact, four-valve cylinder head has 36mm intake valves, 29mm exhaust valves, narrow 28-degree included valve angle, and shim-under-bucket valve adjustment system.
- SCEM-plated cylinder (nickel-silicon-phosphorus) is lighter and more durable than an iron liner and has excellent heat transfer properties.
- Forged aluminum piston is 10 percent lighter than a cast piston and receives additional oil-cooling through a crankcase oil jet.
- The left side body cover has quick-release fasteners for easy access to the air filter.
- A refined Mikuni 36mm carburetor, with new deceleration enricher circuit, is fed by a six-liter airbox to provide smooth throttle response when accelerating or engine braking.
- The addition of a PAIR (air supply) system to the exhaust helps the motorcycle achieve emissions compliance without affecting performance.
- Thermostatically-controlled cooling fan mounted to the left radiator helps maintain consistent operating temperature in traffic.
- Magnesium valve cover, clutch cover, and magneto cover provide additional weight savings.
- Compact, five-speed transmission utilizes a cable-operated clutch with a separate magnesium outer cover for simplified clutch maintenance.
- Low-maintenance, long-life, sealed O-ring type drive chain produces minimal sounds when riding.
- Wide, blue or gold anodized RK Excel aluminum rims with stainless steel spokes are fitted with sporty radial tires: 120/70-R17 front and 140/70-R17 rear.
- Strong braking performance is supplied by a front disc brake with a large 300mm floating-type rotor and dual-piston caliper, plus a 240mm rear disc brake with single-piston caliper.
- Long travel, Showa inverted front fork is derived from a RM250 and features adjustable compression/rebound damping and alumite coating on inner tube surfaces for smooth action.
- A fully adjustable rear shock absorber with high/low speed compression damping adjuster and a tapered RM-inspired aluminum swingarm combine for precise rear wheel control.
- Renthal tapered aluminum handlebar has an aggressive look, reduces vibration, and has a great bend for spirited riding.
- Chrome-moly steel frame tuned for Supermotard style riding is torsionally strong with minimal weight. The backbone tube, front down tube, and steering head gussets form the dry-sump engine oil tank.
- Front and rear axle sliders help protect against damage in the case of a tip-over.
- A bolt-on aluminum sub-frame helps reduce weight, simplify maintenance, and contribute to the trim rear fender appearance.
- Compact, digital instrument cluster includes speedometer, odometer, and twin-trip meters with addition/subtraction capability, clock, and stopwatch functions.
- Electrical systems, including the easy-push button starter, are powered by a compact, 6.5-amp, maintenance-free battery.
- On-road legal lighting includes bright 60/55-watt halogen headlight, compact tail/stoplight, lightweight, rubber-mounted turn signals, and horn.
- 12-month limited warranty. Longer coverage periods with other benefits are available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).
- A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories for DR-Z400SM owners are available, including a low-profile seat, cargo rack, handguard set, and a large selection of Suzuki logo apparel.
- Engine: 398cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single cylinder, DOHC
- Bore x Stroke: 90.0 x 62.6 mm (3.54 x 2.44 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 11.3:1
- Fuel System: Mikuni BSR36, single carburetor
- Starter: Electric
- Lubrication: Semi-dry sump
- Clutch: Wet multi-plate
- Transmission: 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive: Chain, RK520KZ0, 110 links
- Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped, adjustable damping force
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped, adjustable spring preload and damping force
- Brakes Front: Disc brake, single floating rotor
- Brakes Rear: Disc brake, single rotor
- Tires Front: 120/70 R17 M/C 58H, tube type
- Tires Rear: 140/70 R17 M/C 66H, tube type
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 10.0 L (2.6 US gal.), 9.5 L (2.5 US gal.) CA model
- Color: Solid White No. 2 with Red, or Solid White No. 2 with Blue
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (CDI)
- Spark Plug: NGK CR8E or DENSO U24ESR-N
- Headlight: 12V 60/55W (H4)
- Tail light: 12V 21/5W
- Overall Length: 2225 mm (87.6 in.)
- Overall Width: 855 mm (33.7 in.)
- Overall Height: 1200 mm (47.2 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1460 mm (57.5 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 260 mm (10.2 in.)
- Seat Height: 890 mm (35.0 in.)
- Curb Weight: 146 kg (322 lb.)
- Warranty: 12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty.*
- Extensions: *Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, single cylinder, DOHC
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.54 x 2.44 in. (90.0 x 62.6 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Mikuni BSR36, single carburetor
- Electronic ignition (CDI)
- 5-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive
- Chain, RK520KZ0, 110 links
- Front Suspension
- Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped, adjustable damping force
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, coil spring, oil damped, adjustable spring preload and damping force
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake, single floating rotor
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake, single rotor
- Front Tire
- 120/70 R17 M/C 58H, tube type
- Rear Tire
- 140/70 R17 M/C 66H, tube type
- 57.5 in. (1460 mm)
- Seat Height
- 35.0 in. (890 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.6 US gal. (10.0 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 322 lb. (146 kg)
- Solid White No. 2 with Red, Solid White No. 2 with Blue
- 12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
Coleman PowerSports has the largest showrooms and selection in the Mid Atlantic. We back all of our vehicles with a warranty and every customer becomes a VIP. For over 55 years, our mission is to offer you the latest products, at the best prices, and with unparalleled service. Price listed excludes applicable destination, handling, reconditioning fee, $247.50 processing fee, tax, title, and license fees. Please contact us for an exact price and learn about our FREE VIP package.