2016 Honda CBR600RR
Built to Carve.
Motorcycling has always been about that perfect bond between rider and machine. Of course there’s the wind and the elements, but most of all it’s about the balance, about how involved your entire body is with every aspect of riding. And when you find the perfect bike, it moves with you just like it was an extension of yourself.
The Honda CBR600RR is that machine. Proven on the track, it fits like a glove, and is as responsive and instinctive as snapping your fingers. Happy to cut fast laps on a track day, it’s comfortable enough to use as a weekday commuter or a weekend canyon bike.
First of all, there’s its size: compact, light, a tribute to Honda’s understanding of mass centralization, the four-cylinder engine revs like nothing you’ve ever ridden, unless you’ve ridden a MotoGP racer. The chassis (an aluminum twin-spar design) is the basis of the CBR600RR’s laser-sharp handling. And it just plain looks right too, especially this year with a new Black/White option that looks like a tri-color Honda wing, but fades to grey.
Race-Winning Heritage: With over 700 total MotoGP victories, Honda’s winning heritage stands far above any other manufacturer, just as Honda’s motorcycles stand out on the street. Our superior engineering and technology put our GP bikes in the winners’ circle and give you the performance you need for the street.
Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD): The compact HESD helps maintain predictable high-speed handling and low-speed maneuverability. Way more sophisticated than a simple fixed-rate damper, it’s one of the keys to the CBR600RR’s extraordinary handling.
- Dual-Stage Fuel Injection: Two sets of injectors per cylinder ensure both low- and high-rpm performance. You get near-instantaneous high-rpm response, along with great low-rpm metering and clean running.
- Centrally Located Fuel Tank: The CBR600RR’s 4.8-gallon fuel tank is positioned in the center of the chassis and low in the frame. This allows for a more compact design, but even more important helps centralize the bike’s mass. Increased mass centralization means the CBR is more responsive to rider input, especially when leaning the bike into a turn or standing it up at the exit.
- Dual-Stage Ram Air: A nose-mounted, two-stage ram air system provides a high volume of cool air to the air box for linear power delivery and superb engine performance.
- Honda Electronic Steering Damper: Most steering dampers only sense handlebar-deflection speed. The Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD) is way more sophisticated. It also detects vehicle speed, and adjusts damping proportionally. That helps maintain low-speed maneuverability while providing excellent, predictable high-speed handling.
- Honda Multi-Action System (HMAS) Inverted Fork: The HMAS cartridge fork features an exclusive internal piston construction. The innovative design employs smaller-diameter pistons to keep oil velocity high for improved damping characteristics and an expanded range of adjustability. The result: you get more precise suspension performance, especially over smaller surface irregularities.
- Unit Pro-Link® Suspension: By eliminating the frame-mounted top shock mount; Unit Pro-Link® isolates the chassis from bumps, resulting in more precise handling and better traction. Developed on Honda’s championship-winning MotoGP bikes, it’s a perfect example of the CBR’s superior engineering.
- Radial Mounted Front-Brake Calipers: The CBR600RR uses radial-mounted monoblock front-brake calipers. This construction makes the caliper stiffer, and that means you get better brake feel for more linear, powerful stopping. Each caliper also uses four chromium-plated aluminum pistons for smooth, friction-free operation.
- 12-Spoke Wheels: With their consistent rigidity and balance, these sharp-looking 12-spoke cast aluminum wheels work with the fork and enhance suspension feedback to deliver real handling improvements.
- Engine Type: 599cc Liquid-Cooled Inline Four-Cylinder
- Bore And Stroke: 67 mm x 42.5 mm
- Induction: Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI) with 40 mm throttle bodies, Denso 12-hole injectors
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with 3-D mapping
- Compression Ratio: 12.2:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Close-ratio six-speed
- Final Drive: #525 O-ring chain
- Front Suspension: 41 mm inverted Big Piston Fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; TBD in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Unit Pro-Link® HMAS™ single shock with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 5.1 in. travel
- Front Brake: Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with full-floating 310 mm discs
- Rear Brake: Single-caliper 220 mm disc
- Front Tire: 120/70ZR-17 radial
- Rear Tire: 180/55ZR-17 radial
- Rake: 23.5 deg. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 97.7 mm (3.9 in.)
- Wheelbase: 53.9 in.
- Seat Height: 32.3 in.
- Curb Weight: 410 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.8 gal.
- Model Id: CBR600RR
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Black/White
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- Inline Four-Cylinder
- Bore and Stroke
- 67 mm x 42.5 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Dual Stage Fuel Injection (DSFI) with 40 mm throttle bodies, Denso 12-hole injectors
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with 3-D mapping
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm inverted Big Piston Fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability
- Rear Suspension
- Unit Pro-Link® HMAS™ single shock with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 5.1 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with full-floating 310 mm discs
- Rear Brakes
- Single-caliper 220 mm disc
- Front Tire
- 120/70ZR-17 radial
- Rear Tire
- 180/55ZR-17 radial
- 53.9 in.
- Seat Height
- 32.3 in.
- 23.5 deg.
- 3.9 in. (97.7 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.8 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 410 lb.
- Close-ratio six-speed
- Final Drive
- #525 O-ring chain
- One Year transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Coleman PowerSports has the largest showrooms and selection in the Mid Atlantic. We back all of our vehicles with a warranty and every customer becomes a VIP. For over 55 years, our mission is to offer you the latest products, at the best prices, and with unparalleled service. Price listed excludes applicable destination, handling, reconditioning fee, $247.50 processing fee, tax, title, and license fees. Please contact us for an exact price and learn about our FREE VIP package.