2015 Kawasaki Z1000 ABS
The Kawasaki Z design language was elevated to a higher level with the Z1000’s “Sugomi” styling, which combines its sculpted shape – invoking a crouching predator – with painstaking details like its special “Z” ignition key, machined aluminum steering stem bolt and the intricate “Z” motif seat cover. This is wrapped in a new color scheme for 2015 that combines Golden Blazed Green with Metallic Spark Black to create a dramatic motorcycle that sets the stage for the excitement to follow.
• Uniquely aggressive “Sugomi” styling gives the Z1000 a distinct predatory look
• 1,043cc inline-four with DFI® offers sharp response that enhance the impressive mid-range and top-end power
• Showa Separate Function Fork
• Big Piston (SFF-BP) front forks offer light weight, easy adjustability and excellent wheel control to cope with the high forces associated with aggressive riding
• One-piece “monobloc” radial-mount front brake calipers offer superb braking power and control, along with a premium laser-etched Kawasaki logo and black alumite finish
• Supersport-style six-spoke lightweight aluminum wheels contribute to the Z1000’s sporty image while reducing rotating inertia
• Short final-drive gearing provides quick response and enhanced riding excitement, while a tall 6th gear helps maintain highway comfort
• Analog + Digital instrument cluster includes a large tachometer and a digital display offering a wealth of information on current bike conditions and settings
• Compact subframe design is slender and short
• Upright “streetfighter” riding position provides excellent leverage on the controls for maximum maneuverability, coupled with a commanding view of the urban jungle
DOHC, 16-valve, 1,043cc Engine
• 1,043cc liquid-cooled inline-four offers true open-class power from idle to redline
• Cylinder connecting passageways reduce pumping losses and improve mid-to-high RPM performance
• Intake cams provide improved low-to-midrange torque for instant thrust and maximum rider satisfaction
• Aggressive ECU settings provide sharp throttle response
• 38mm Keihin throttle bodies cram the air/fuel mixture directly into combustion chambers via downdraft intakes for maximum power
• Oval sub-throttles help keep the engine slim, and a slim midsection allows an ideal bike/rider interface for maximum comfort and control
• Engine’s rev limiter comes into play “softly,” providing usable over-rev character because power doesn’t drop off suddenly at high RPM
• The engine’s relatively low crankshaft position allows a moderately long stroke without adding engine height
• A secondary engine balancer, driven off a gear on the sixth web of the crankshaft, eliminates excess vibration and contributes to rider comfort
• Short gearing provides quick acceleration and riding excitement, while a tall 6th gear maintains highway comfort
• Individual spark plug-mounted ignition coils fire each of the four spark plugs independently to achieve the optimum timing for that cylinder
• ECU includes an idle speed control system for easier starting and warm-up
Cool Air System
• Intake system routes cool air to the airbox via ducts in the fairing, minimizing performance loss due to heated intake air
• Airbox features intakes that enhance the engine’s intoxicating intake howl
• Non-woven air filter element provides better flow for enhanced high-RPM performance
• Velocity stacks are equal-length to enhance throttle response
• Intake ducts are positioned close to the rider to allow the intake howl to be heard and enjoyed
• The exhaust system features a 4-into-2-pre-chamber-into-2 layout to provide ample silencer volume without requiring excess bulk in the rear mufflers
• Large oval-shaped connector tubes help improve engine response for heightened excitement at all RPMs
• Main and pre-catalyzers help ensure clean emissions
• A butterfly valve in the right-side muffler not only helps reduce noise, but also tunes exhaust back-pressure waves to help enhance low-rpm engine response
• Brushed-metal finish on the silencers provides enhanced visual appeal
• Exhaust system offers excellent mass centralization and contributes to a low center of gravity
Larger Fuel Tank
• 4.5 gallon (17L) fuel tank offers generous range
• Radical shape and two-tone finish complement the Z1000’s Sugomi-inspired styling
• Slim-type fuel pump features an integral fuel level sensor with enhanced accuracy
Monobloc ABS Brakes with Petal-type Rotors
• One-piece “monobloc” radial-mount front brake calipers offer superb braking power and control, along with a premium quality look from their laser-etched Kawasaki logo and black alumite finish
• Opposed four-piston radial-mount monobloc calipers with differentiated diameter (32mm upper, and 30mm lower) pistons provide excellent feel and progressive braking response
• A radial-pump front brake master cylinder contributes to the superb control and feel offered by these high-end monobloc calipers
• ABS pump features a fluid pressure sensor that allows precise control of line pressures and also provides data to the ECU to help suppress rear lift under braking
• A low-battery mode helps preserve ABS effectiveness when the battery charge is low (although riders may notice that ABS operation is not as smooth as in normal mode)
• Petal-type 310mm front brake rotors are full-on sportbike hardware
• Pad compound has a high coefficient of friction that contributes to the front brake power and sensitivity
• A single-piston rear caliper grips a 250mm petal-type disc. This compact caliper is mounted below the swingarm, and located by a torque rod
Aluminum Backbone Frame
• Aluminum backbone frame is similar in concept to the Ninja ZX-10R’s, and helps make the bike narrow and easy to grip with the knees for maximum rider comfort and feedback
• The frame is lightweight and highly rigid, and uses the engine as a stressed member for solid handling and optimum stability
• Frame elements are tuned to transmit optimal engine feedback to the rider
• The frame uses four engine mounts, three of which are rigid, one of which (the upper rear crankcase mount) is rubber
• Compact subframe design is more slender and shorter to match the new styling
• The sub-frame is an example of form and function combined, negating the need for side covers and allowing underseat narrowness for a shorter reach to the ground
Separate Function Fork – Big Piston: (SFF-BP)
• SFF-BP fork combines the features of Showa’s big piston and separate function forks, featuring springs on both sides, with dedicated preload adjustability in the left tube and dedicated damping pistons and adjustability in the right tube
• Big Piston design provides smooth action during the initial part of the stroke and contributes to excellent feel during heavy braking. The large-diameter damper piston is much bigger than those used in traditional “cartridge” forks
• Big Piston design allows the fork oil to act on a much larger surface area, so the damping pressure can be reduced without compromising effectiveness. Reducing the damping pressure allows the slider to react more smoothly, which is especially noticeable during the initial part of the stroke. The result is greater control as the fork begins to compress and very calm response during braking-induced weight-transfer, for greater chassis stability on corner entry
• Fork settings were tuned to cope with the extreme forces of aggressive use, while still providing a comfortable ride
• SFF-BP design offers easy adjustability, by locating all adjusters in the caps at the top of the two fork tubes: preload on the left; compression and rebound damping on the right.
Horizontal Back-Link Rear Suspension
• Rear suspension design positions the shock unit and linkage above the swingarm where it’s less exposed to exhaust heat and contributes to mass centralization
• Stepless rebound damping adjuster allows damping characteristics to be tuned to match changes in spring preload and/or loads
• A fat solid-mount tubular aluminum handlebar contributes to the Z1000’s quality, top-shelf feel
• Double-taper grips, like those used on supersport models, offer a more direct feel than traditional designs
• Intricately textured seat cover features a distinct Z-logo pattern
• Ninja ZX-10R-style footpegs with knurled surfaces offer good grip, direct feel and control, and purposeful looks
• Extremely compact dual-element digital instrumentation keeps the front of the motorcycle as compact and unobtrusive as possible, making the bike almost disappear from the rider’s field of vision
• Dual element bar-graph tachometer with 0-4,000rpm indicated vertically along the left edge of the lower display and a larger 4,000rpm+ tachometer filling the entire horizontal upper display
• LCD functions include ABS and Economical Riding (ECO) indicators
• Additional LCD functions include a unique digital speedometer, odometer, dual trip meter, clock, instant and average fuel consumption, coolant temperature, and low-fuel warning lamps
- Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, inline-four
- Displacement: 1,043cc
- Bore x Stroke: 77 x 56mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.8:1
- Fuel Injection: DFI® with four 38mm Keihin throttle bodies, oval sub-throttles
- Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: Sealed chain
- Rake/Trail: 24.5 degrees / 4"
- Frame Type: Aluminum Backbone
- Front Tire: 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tire: 190/50 ZR17
- Wheelbase: 56.5"
- Front suspension / wheel travel: 41mm inverted SFF-BP fork with stepless compression and rebound damping and spring preload adjustability / 4.7"
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Horizontal monoshock with stepless rebound damping, adjustable spring preload / 4.8"
- Front brakes: Dual 310mm petal-type rotors with radial-mount four-piston monobloc calipers and ABS
- Rear brake: Single 250mm petal-type rotor with single-piston caliper and ABS
- Overall Length: 80.5"
- Overall Width: 31.1"
- Overall Height: 41.5"
- Seat Height: 32.1"
- Curb Weight: 487.3 lb
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gallons
- Color choices: Golden Blazed Green / Metallic Spark Black
- Warranty: 12 Months
- Kawasaki Protection Plus (optional): 12, 24, 36, and 48 month plans are available
- Engine Type
- Four-stroke, DOHC, four valves per cylinder, Inline-four
- 1,043 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 77 x 56 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- DFI® with four 38 mm Keihin throttle bodies, oval sub-throttles
- TCBI with digital advance
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm inverted SFF-BP fork with stepless compression and rebound damping and spring preload adjustability / 4.7 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Horizontal monoshock with stepless rebound damping, adjustable spring preload / 4.8 in.
- Front Brakes
- Dual 310 mm petal-type rotors with radial-mount four-piston monobloc calipers and ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 250 mm petal-type rotor with single-piston caliper and ABS
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Tire
- 190/50 ZR17
- 56.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 32.1 in.
- 24.5 deg.
- 4 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- Curb Weight: 4.5 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 487.3 lb.
- Final Drive
- Sealed chain
- Golden Blazed Green / Metallic Spark Black
- 12 Months
Coleman PowerSports has the largest showrooms and selection in the Mid Atlantic. We back all of our vehicles with a warranty and every customer becomes a VIP. For over 55 years, our mission is to offer you the latest products, at the best prices, and with unparalleled service. Price listed excludes applicable destination, handling, reconditioning fee, $299 processing fee, tax, title, and license fees. Please contact us for an exact price and learn about our FREE VIP package.