2014 Honda CBR500R
We have the largest selection of quality pre-owned inventory in the DC Metro Area.
FREE DELIVERY AVAILABLE to select areas. Just ask us for more information.
Middleweight. Not Middle Of The Road.
The initials CBR are known on racetracks the world over. So you can be sure that any Honda that carries them has truly earned them. The CBR500R is no exception. Equipped with bodywork inspired by CBR600RR and CBR1000RR, it tells the world you’re riding a sportbike from the winningest company in the world.
Its lightweight 471cc engine delivers smooth power all the way to the redline thanks to its Programmed Fuel Injection, while its sport-tuned chassis with steel tube frame and Honda’s unique Pro-Link suspension let you carve corners with confidence—especially since you have anti-lock brakes triple-drilled disc at your command.
The CBR500R is the perfect next bike for riders ready to move up a displacement class, or for anyone who knows that a 500 is the perfect do-it-all street machine.
Enough Engine For Everything: Choosing a 500 isn’t a compromise, especially when it’s a powerplant with as much development behind it as Honda’s parallel twins. Liquid-cooling, double overhead cams and bulletproof reliability make this a great all-around powerplant for any kind of riding you have in mind.
Sporting Heritage: The CBR500R offers a riding position that’s a touch more sporting, but not too aggressive, whether you’re commuting or carving the canyons.
Accessorize Your Style: Intensify the look of your CBR with accessories engineered to work. Honda Genuine Accessories include a sport screen and a wide range of carbon-look body panels, from rear tire hugger to tank pads.
Commuting Can Be A Sport: With the CBR500R’s combination of light weight, agile handling and torquey twin engine, it makes routine rides into great experiences. Plus it offers surprising weather protection with its Supersport styling.
- DOHC Twin-Cylinder Engine: Honda twins are famous for their versatility, and the new CBR500R engine is one of our best ever. Using the same piston bore size as our CBR600RR sportbike, the parallel-twin engine offers accessible performance across all RPM ranges.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions, ensuring a crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding.
- Stainless Steel Exhaust: Beautifully polished stainless steel exhaust is integrated with the rear footpeg set for clean, functional design.
- Steel-Tube Frame: A motorcycle’s frame is the basis for its handling. A new take on a classic construction, the CBR500R’s diamond-shaped 35mm steel-tube mainframe ties to the engine with four mounts, offering a rock-solid foundation for a superior ride and handling.
- Pro-Link Rear Suspension: A sophisticated chassis with Honda Pro-Link rear suspension, nine-stage preload and 4.1" travel gives you a comfortable ride over small bumps, while capably absorbing bigger bumps to increase riding comfort and handling.
- Disc Brakes: The front 320mm wave-style disc brake and 240mm rear provide strong stopping power.
- Cast Wheels: Strong and stylish, the CBR500R’s aluminum 12-spoke cast wheels are easy to keep clean, look great and are another MGZ feature that just makes sense.
- Supersport Styling: This aerodynamic bodywork also provides significant advantages in air management for added rider comfort, along with a low drag coefficient and effective cooling.
- Step Seat: The new CBR500R offers a stepped two-piece seat with a low height. Perfect for around-town riding or winding roads, it also offers plenty of room for a passenger and is specially designed to fit a wide range of riders.
- Rear Grips: Sturdy rear passenger grips offer a firm handhold for your passenger or tie-down points for smaller items.
- Digital Instrumentation: A full LCD screen features a digital speedometer and tachometer and more, including a clock, odometer, trip meter, real-time and average fuel consumption meters and illuminated engine diagnostic indicators.
- Halogen Headlights: Twin 55-watt H7 halogen headlights and multi-facet reflectors on the CBR500R give the front end a unique look and also project plenty of light on the road for visibility.
- Engine Type: 471cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 67.0 mm x 66.8 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI with 34 mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brake: Twin-piston caliper with single 320 mm wave disc
- Rear Brake: Single-caliper 240 mm wave disc
- Front Tire: 120/70-17
- Rear Tire: 160/60-17
- Rake: 25.5 deg.
- Trail: 103 mm (4.05 in.)
- Wheelbase: 55.5 in.
- Seat Height: 30.9 in.
- Curb Weight: 425 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel -- ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 4.1 gal.
- Model Id: CBR500R
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Black, Red
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- Parallel-twin; DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- 471 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 67.0 x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with 34 mm throttle bodies
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm fork; 4.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin-piston caliper with single 320 mm wave disc
- Rear Brakes
- Single-caliper 240 mm wave disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 55.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.9 in.
- 25.5 deg.
- 4.05 in. (103 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.1 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 425 lb.
- Final Drive
- O-ring-sealed chain
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Digital
- Black, Red
- One Year transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Coleman PowerSports has the largest showrooms and selection in the Mid Atlantic. We back all of our vehicles with a warranty and every customer becomes a VIP. For over 55 years, our mission is to offer you the latest products, at the best prices, and with unparalleled service. Price listed excludes applicable destination, handling, reconditioning fee, $247.50 processing fee, tax, title, and license fees. Please contact us for an exact price and learn about our FREE VIP package.