2013 Yamaha FZ6R
Call for Price
Stock Image: Team Yamaha Blue/White
Hardcore. Not Hard to Afford.
The FZ6R offers features that make it easy for beginning riders to get started: a low seat height, grips that reach back to you, and a torquey, 600cc engine you won't outgrow anytime soon. Add a beautiful diamond-steel frame, a sleek fairing, an R6-style exhaust and a price that makes it way more affordable than it looks, and it all adds up to the ultimate first sportbike.
• A rider in the market for an entry level or commuter 600cc bike doesn’t have to compromise performance or style to get value. The FZ6R is a great combination of performance, handling, and exciting sport bike style, but also with a low seat height that’s both adjustable to fit a wider variety of riders and also narrower where it counts to make it even easier to put both feet on the ground.
• The engine delivers smooth power just the way today’s rider needs it, brisk acceleration with plenty of torque that makes it a pleasure to get around town, with lots in reserve for when you want more. This is certainly not a “no frills” motor. It’s derived from the FZ6 motor, fuel injected and tuned for outstanding low to mid engine performance.
• Even if your primary goal is commuting to school or work, you want to be able to get out and have fun riding some twisty back roads. The FZ6R is ready to put a grin on your face! The diamond-shaped frame, made of high-tensile steel pipes using the engine as a structural member of the chassis, becomes the foundation for handling performance. It’s designed to provide the right rigidity balance to contribute to smooth cornering performance.
• When it comes to putting power to the pavement, the FZ6R uses nothing less than quality radial tires, 120/70R 17-inch front and 160/60R 17-inch rear. And this bike’s excellent stopping performance is due to dual 298mm front discs and a 245mm rear disc, both with comfortable-to-use controls.
• The fuel-injected engine in the FZ6R has been designed to meet the demands of today’s motorcyclist. This engine optimizes the entire flow from the intake of the fuel-air mixture to combustion and exhaust. Even though it shares both bore and stroke dimensions with the FZ6, the cylinder head, crankcase, intake and exhaust system, as well as the clutch and shifter, were completely redesigned for the FZ6R, creating a power unit with an entirely different character.
• The 600cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke in-line 4-cylinder engine is ready to respond with smooth, linear performance when the rider twists the throttle. Maximum output is achieved at a spirited 10,000 rpm and maximum torque is obtained at 9000 rpm. Bottom line: Its outstanding “torquey” low to mid rpm engine performance is just right for someone who enjoys commuting to work or school or riding the canyons on the weekends.
• Lightweight forged aluminum pistons are used. Because the aluminum alloy is heated and formed under pressure without having to melt it completely as in conventional casting techniques, the strength of the original metallurgic matrix of the aluminum is maintained. As a result, a forged piston is stronger than a cast one and can thus be designed for lighter weight, which contributes to a reduction in vibration. In fact, many riders will be surprised at how smooth this motor is.
• The 32-bit ECU controls the four-hole, two-direction, high-dynamic-range type fuel injectors for superior injection control. By delivering the precise fuel-air mixture needed for conditions, the engine can deliver great power and fuel economy.
• Much like many of today’s high end sport bikes, the FZ6R has a 4-into-2-into-1 midship exhaust. Not only does it provide a throaty, yet comfortably quiet exhaust note, the system also includes 3-way catalytic converter technology to reduce exhaust emissions.
• With its exciting sport bike looks, onlookers will know this isn’t just another middleweight bike. There’s no mistaking Yamaha’s high-performance heritage in the FZ6R.
• The seat has separate front and rear sections, and the rider’s seat features an innovative height adjustment mechanism. The seat can be set 20mm – just over 3/4 of an inch – higher for taller riders, a change that can make a big difference on an all-day ride.
• The handlebar position can be adjusted 20mm forward by rotating the handlebar clamps to fine-tune rider comfort.
• The overall chassis rigidity has been designed to provide both excellent handling and all-day comfort. In order to further enhance the smoothness and comfort of the ride, the front-end dimensions a have been optimized, including a caster angle of 26° and trail of 103mm, resulting in a bike that has a great steering feel, making the bike even more of a pleasure to ride.
• The front suspension has sturdy 41mm inner tubes, matched to a die-cast aluminum upper triple clamp and forged-steel under bracket, providing superior cushioning performance and good front-end feel. Wheel travel is a generous 5.1 inches to help soak up those bumps in the road.
• The rear suspension is lightweight and contributes to the mass centralization, and the mono-cross suspension provides excellent wheel travel, a full 5.1 inches. Superior road hugging performance has been achieved with optimally designed damping-force valves and oil channels.
• This bike boasts hydraulic disc brakes front and rear. The 298mm diameter front discs are lightweight for reduced unsprung weight, while the single rear disc is 245mm, and the brakes feature semi-metallic pads. The brakes have been designed to offer great feel and superb braking ability.
• FZ6R mounts tubeless radial tires on cast aluminum wheels. While their lightweight construction helps centralize mass, they also help contribute to agile handling.
• The meter panel gives the rider plenty of feedback, including a digital display speedometer, analog tachometer, odometer/tripmeter, fuel gauge, and water coolant gauge.
- Type: 600cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke, DOHC 16 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 65.5mm x 44.5mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.2:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel Injection
- Ignition: Digital TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: 6-speed; multi-plate wet clutch
- Final Drive: O-ring chain
- Suspension / Front: Telescopic fork, 5.1-in.travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock, 5.1-in travel
- Brakes / Front: 298mm Hydraulic disc
- Brakes / Rear: 245mm Hydraulic disc
- Tires / Front: 120/70 ZR17M/C 58W
- Tires / Rear: 160/60 ZR17M/C 73W
- Length: 83.5 in.
- Width: 30.3 in.
- Height: 46.7 in.
- Seat Height: 30.9 in.
- Ground Clearance: 5.5 in.
- Wheelbase: 56.7 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 26.0 deg.
- Trail: 4.1 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.6 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 43 mpg
- Wet Weight: 470 lb.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, DOHC 16 valves
- 600 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 65.5mm x 44.5mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel Injection
- Digital TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic fork, 5.1-in.travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock, 5.1-in travel
- Front Brakes
- 298mm Hydraulic disc
- Rear Brakes
- 245mm Hydraulic disc
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR17M/C 58W
- Rear Tire
- 160/60 ZR17M/C 73W
- 56.7 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.9 in.
- 26.0 deg.
- 4.1 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.6 gal.
- 43 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 470 lb.
- 6-speed; multi-plate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- O-ring chain
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Analog
- Team Yamaha Blue/White
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
Coleman PowerSports has the largest showrooms and selection in the Mid Atlantic. We back all of our vehicles with a warranty and every customer becomes a VIP. For over 55 years, our mission is to offer you the latest products, at the best prices, and with unparalleled service. Price listed excludes applicable destination, handling, reconditioning fee, $299 processing fee, tax, title, and license fees. Please contact us for an exact price and learn about our FREE VIP package.