2012 Ducati PANIGALE 1199 S
The 1199 Panigale S is equipped with Öhlins suspension, both on the front and on the rear, that features the innovative Ducati Electronic Suspension (DES). Also made by Öhlins is the adjustable steering damper.
In addition, the model rolls on super lightweight forged and machined Marchesini wheels, a carbon fibre front mudguard, full LED headlights and an “Aero kit”, which consists of an additional wider fairing top-section.
The 1199 Panigale S is also equipped with DTC, DQS, EBC and Power Mode combined into the Ducati Riding Modes. This model is available in standard configuration with optional ABS.
The most extreme benchmark ever: The innovative Superquadro engine, so called because of its massively over-square bore and stroke ratio, has increased power to an absolute production twin-cylinder milestone of 195hp and torque to 98.1 lb-ft (13.5kgm) with user-friendly Riding Modes that deliver that power appropriate to the rider’s style and environment. Its construction has enabled a radical reduction in overall vehicle weight and, further identifying Ducati’s constant pursuit of performance perfection, major services have been extended to 24,000km (15,000 miles).
Extreme Dimensions: In calculating the optimum configuration to achieve the next big step forward in power output for the L-twin engine, Ducati and Ducati Corse engineers increased engine speed and enhanced breathability with the incredible bore and stroke of 112mm x 60.8mm. The intense study of power and ridability resulted in an output of 195hp @ 10,750rpm and 98.1 lb-ft (13.5kgm) @ 9,000rpm.
New transmission: Ducati’s engineers also capitalised on the opportunity of the “blank canvas” project to increase dimension between the centres of the six-speed gearbox shafts, enabling larger diameter, stronger gears to transmit the enhanced power output.
New for a top-of-the-range Ducati Superbike is a “wet”, oil-bath clutch. Based very closely on the design of the Multistrada and Diavel components, the clutch assembly features a “slipper” function and a progressive self-servo mechanism that compresses the friction plates when under drive from the engine. While enhancing frictional efficiency, this also results in a rider-friendly light clutch lever “feel” at the handlebar. Conversely, when the drive force is reversed (over-run), the mechanism reduces pressure on the friction plates, enabling a true racing “slipper” action, reducing the destabilizing effect of the rear-end under aggressive down-shifting and provide a much smoother feeling when closing the throttle or down-shifting under normal riding conditions.
Unmistakably Ducati: Every last detail of the 1199 Panigale pays tribute to our rich heritage of racing: each component is not only functionally efficient, but beautifully engineered into pieces of automotive art. The fairings sweep back towards the rear of the bike, emphasizing the pulled-in effect, so much that the fairing surface had to be cut to house the engine covers and exhaust pipe. Another highly distinctive feature of this bike is the rear light mounted in the streamlined and pointed tail. Everything about this bike communicates power, elegance and agility.
Monocoque technology: Monocoque technology was the fundamental starting point for achieving the twin objectives of reduced weight and increased power. By integrating the activities of the individual components there was a reduction in the overall number of components and their weight. The end result is a reduction in bike weight of 10 kg compared to the 1198. The 1199 Panigale has achieved an incredible benchmark for the sector: dry weight of only 164 kg.
New generation brakes and ABS: The 1199 Panigale is equipped with Brembo’s Monobloc M50 callipers, so called to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Italian company, Brembo. With an extremely compact design, that ensure a weight saving of 7% compared to the previous one, and machined from a single piece of alloy, the M50 callipers achieve a higher rigidity and resistance to distortion during extreme braking.
- Type: Superquadro: L-twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic, liquid cooled
- Displacement: 1198cc
- Bore x Stroke: 112x60.8mm
- Compression ratio: 12.5:1
- Power: 195 hp (143 kw) @ 10750 rpm
- Torque: 98.1 lb.-ft 132 Nm @ 9000 rpm
- Fuel injection: Mitsubishi electronic fuel Injection system. Twin injectors per cylinder. Full ride-by-wire elliptical throttle bodies.
- Exhaust: 2-1-2 system with catalytic converter and 2 lambda probes. Twin stainless steel mufflers with alumimum outer sleeves
- Gearbox: 6 speed
- Ratio: 1=37/15 2=30/16 3=27/18 4=25/20 5=24/22 6=23/24
- Primary drive: Straight cut gears, Ratio 1.77:1
- Final drive: Chain 525; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 39
- Clutch: Slipper and self-servo wet multiplate clutch with hydraulic control
- Standard: follows the US Federal Regulation
- Frame: Monocoque Aluminium
- Wheelbase: 1437mm (56.6 in.)
- Rake: 24 deg. 50 min.
- Front suspension: Öhlins NIX30 43mm with TiN, fully adjustable usd fork. Electronic compression and rebound damping adjustment
- Front wheel travel: 120mm (4.72 in.)
- Front wheel: 3-spoke forged light alloy 3.50 in. x 17 in.
- Front tire: 120/70 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP
- Rear suspension: Fully adjustable Ohlins TTX36 unit. Electronic compression and rebound damping adjustment. Adjustable linkage: Progressive/flat. Aluminum single-sided swingarm.
- Rear wheel travel: 130mm (5.12 in.)
- Rear wheel: 3 spoke forged light alloy 6.00 in. x 17 in.
- Rear tire: 200/55 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP
- Front brake: 2 x 330mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc M50 4-piston callipers ABS optional
- Rear brake: 245mm disc, 2-piston calliper
- Fuel tank capacity: 17 L - 4.5 gal. (US)
- Wet weight: 190.5 kg (420 lb.)
- Dry weight: 162.5 kg (367 lb.)
- Instruments: TFT
- Warranty: 2 years unlimited mileage
- Body Colour (frame/wheel): Tricolore
- Versions: Dual seat
- Seat height: 825mm (32.48 in.)
- DDA: DDA system-ready for Ducati Performance accessory
- DTC: Standard equipment
- ABS: ABS optional
- Engine Type
- Superquadro: L-twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic
- 1198 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 112 x 60.8 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Mitsubishi electronic fuel Injection system. Twin injectors per cylinder. Full ride-by-wire elliptical throttle bodies.
- Front Suspension
- Öhlins NIX30 43 mm with TiN, fully adjustable usd fork. Electronic compression and rebound damping adjustment
- Rear Suspension
- Fully adjustable Ohlins TTX36 unit. Electronic compression and rebound damping adjustment. Adjustable linkage: Progressive/flat. Aluminum single-sided swingarm.
- Front Brakes
- 2 x 330 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo Monobloc M50 4-piston callipers ABS optional +2.5kg (+5.5lb.)
- Rear Brakes
- 245 mm disc, 2-piston calliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP
- Rear Tire
- 200/55 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP
- 1437 mm (56.6 in.)
- Seat Height
- 825 mm (32.48 in.)
- 24 deg. 50 min.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal. (17 L)
- Dry Weight
- 367 lb. (166.5 kg)
- 6 speed
- Final Drive
- Chain 525; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 39
- 2 years unlimited mileage
Coleman PowerSports has the largest showrooms and selection in the Mid Atlantic. We back all of our vehicles with a warranty and every customer becomes a VIP. For over 55 years, our mission is to offer you the latest products, at the best prices, and with unparalleled service. Price listed excludes applicable destination, handling, reconditioning fee, $299 processing fee, tax, title, and license fees. Please contact us for an exact price and learn about our FREE VIP package.